Self Portrait Class (all ages)
In this two-hour class, we will explore the self-portrait. After looking at examples of fine art self-portraits and discussing proportion, physical characteristics, and expressed emotion, students will draw a 5x7 self-portrait on paper. Next comes an introduction to various forms of glass and how they change through firing. Then, using their drawing as a guide, students will translate their self-portrait into glass using sheet glass, frit, stringer, and confetti on a base of sheet glass. Pieces will be fired after the workshop and available for pick-up a few days later. The finished piece will have an embedded wire loop at the top for hanging.
- Cost: $45 per person
- Children going into 4th grade and older can attend without an adult.
- Private classes are available.
- Limited to either 6 students or 3 adults and 3 children
- Bring your favorite beverage and snacks
- Participants must wear closed toe shoes, no flip-flops or sandals.
- Length of classes: 3 hours
- Glass art can be picked-up within a week after class
- Private classes are available